Monday, February 23, 2009

Looking Ahead..

You can't know where you're going till you know where you've been..

Sound familiar? I'm sure it does. It's a very common proverb. I had always thought of it in the context of knowing one's history as a people. I never thought of it in a personal way.

Lately I've been happy with my life. I have nothing to complain about other than my habitual lack of sleep. Even that though, is a good thing. It means I have things to do again. I'm productive (in theory anyway). So I am content. I'm satisfied. And I haven't written. Why not? Because all my best writing to this point has come from a tortured mind. When I'm frustrated poetry flows.. when I'm sad, when I'm angry, when I'm agonizing over an event, those are my times of brilliance. So what happens when I'm satisfied? I don't know.

Satisfaction is still relatively new to me, at least the type of complete satisfaction I'm experiencing now. So how will I fix it? I've been reading.. reading the things I wrote in my past. I've found a spark in my reading. I can feel my passion being rekindled. It isn't quite to the point where I'm on the verge of a masterpiece but I can feel that all too familiar flame being re-lit in my soul. And I'm happy.

Why am I sharing this? I don't really know. I think I just needed to get my thoughts flowing. That, and I just read a friend's poem and feel inspired to share my own thoughts. Anyway.. that's all for now.

-Raxxie

No comments: